You will find this natural protein in grains like barley, wheat, and rye. Some people are allergic to this protein and have a disease called gluten intolerance. It is also referred to as Celiac disease. They have an immune reaction and can cause different symptoms like anemia, weight loss or gain, sudden malnutrition, fatigue, and more. When a person has gluten intolerance they will start eating a gluten-free diet to help prevent these symptoms from happening. Although they do have to be sure to stay away from products with gluten, there is still a variety of food options. There are fruits, vegetables, dairy products, cereals, fish, meats, poultry, and eggs. Your physician will help you with figuring out an acceptable gluten free diet that will give you all of the minerals and vitamins your body needs.
A gluten free diet is prescribed, along with drug therapy, for the effective treat of different medical conditions. This diet will benefit the following medical conditions.
• Celiac disease-this autoimmune disorder is inherited and results in injury to the lining of your small intestine after you eat gluten. It is important that you follow this diet plan to promote the healing of the lining of your small intestine.
• Gluten intolerance-the person affected by this medical condition is not able to tolerate the consumption of any food that contains the protein gluten. This diet is necessary as a step in the treatment for people who are affected with allergy.
• Dermatitis herpetiformis-this chronic skin disorder causes fluid-filled blisters to form and cause a burning sensation and severe itching. This happens when a person who cannot tolerate gluten eats foods with the protein gluten. To prevent this from happening you should follow this diet so you do not consume foods with gluten.
• Migraine-some people have complained of having a headache after eating foods that are rich in gluten. It appears that people with Celia disease are affected more by migraines after consuming gluten rich foods than others who have gluten intolerance. Following this diet will help keep migraine headaches under control.
• Autism-research studies that have been conducted on people with autism have shown that the risk factor is related to excess levels of the protein gluten in their body. Anyone with autism should avoid consuming any foods that contain the protein gluten to reduce the complications of autism.
• Weight loss-previously this diet, which can help a person lose weight, was recommended only for people with Celiac disease. Now, many use this diet to lose weight. There is no clinical data to support the effectiveness in weight loss. In some cases people have experienced a weight gain instead.
If you are someone who is looking for gluten free restaurants San Diego then I recommend that you visit 2Good2B Bakery. This bakery and restaurant service delicious gluten free breakfast San Diego and other eatables.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/963870